This setting specifies the way that each entry will be shown within the glossary. The default formats are:
- Simple Dictionary:
- looks like a conventional dictionary with separate entries. No authors are displayed and attachments are shown as links.
- shows the entries one after other without any kind of separation but the editing icons.
- Full with Author:
- A forum-like display format showing author's data. Attachments are shown as links.
- Full without Author:
- A forum-like display format that does not show author's data. Attachments are shown as links.
- Like 'Full with Author' but attached images are shown inline.
- Useful for displaying lists of Frequently Asked Questions. It automatically appends the words QUESTION and ANSWER in the concept and definition respectively.
Moodle Administrators can create new formats as follows:
- Look in mod/glossary/formats ... you should see a numbered file for every existing format.
- Copy one of these and call it another number N (note that 0 and 1 are reserved).
- Edit this file accordingly to create your own format (some PHP knowledge required).
- Finally, insert a new entry in every language pack you use called displayformatN, and give it a short but meaningful name.